TV and radio presenter Pamela Ballantine is joining forces with M&S to help launch a special World’s Biggest Coffee Morning event for Macmillan Cancer Support at the M&S Café at M&S Lisburn store on Friday 27 September.
Starting at 10am, Pamela Ballantine will help get the coffee morning and fundraising activities underway. These will include:
· Special tasting of a selection of M&S Café products
· Visit by popular Macmillan mascot, Muggy
· M&S baristas and store managers compete in a ‘Latte Art’ challenge
· Face painting and balloon modelling for children
· Display of children’s’ art designed especially for the Macmillan World’s Biggest Coffee Morning 2013 campaign.
Customers coming into M&S Lisburn Café that morning will be joining over 5 million people across the UK who are expected to take part in coffee morning on the 27th. Macmillan is aiming to raise over £15million to help ensure that no one faces cancer alone. The drive comes as around 10,000 people in Northern Ireland are now living with cancer.
Pamela Ballantine, said: “This year’s World’ Biggest Coffee Morning is on track to raise an incredible £15 million that will go to paying for a raft of services to support people affected by cancer. I’m thrilled to help launch the event at M&S Lisburn and hope people in Lisburn and further afield come to the Café on the 27th to help raise lots of money for this incredible cause.”
Ryan Lemon, Store Manager at M&S Lisburn said: “The World’s Biggest Coffee Morning provides a great excuse to gather with friends, family, or work colleagues, put your feet up and enjoy a cuppa and a slice of cake and all in aid of a truly worthwhile charity.
“The event on the 27th will provide lots of fun activities for the whole family to enjoy and we hope all our customers can come along to show your support for a cause that affects so many of us.”
Joanne Young, local Macmillan Cancer Support representative said, “We are proud to be working with M&S for a fourth year and we would encourage everyone to come along on the 27th to the M&S Café at the Lisburn store. There will be lots of exciting things happening in store and by simply enjoying a cup of coffee and a slice of cake, people can support us in our drive to ensure no one faces cancer alone.”
Macmillan’s World’s Biggest Coffee Morning calls on people across the country to gather with friends and family to hold a coffee morning. In addition, customers can also support the cause by going to over 300 M&S Cafés nationwide and buying:
· 14 select items sold in M&S Cafés. 5p of the retail selling value of these items will be donated to Macmillan;
· A Victoria Sponge cake from M&S Food halls. 20p of the retail selling value of this popular dessert will be donated to Macmillan;
· A cup of coffee – M&S will donate a further 50p for every coffee sold tomorrow;
· Specially-commissioned pin badges or Macmillan’s ‘Little Book of Treats’, which features recipes from supporters and celebrities.
Make time for what really matters by holding or attending a coffee morning. Visit www.macmillan.org.uk/coffee or call 0845 602 1246 or text COFFEE to 88080 to get your Coffee Morning Kit today.