Value Cabs recently invited me along to experience a taxi tour of Belfast, something I never even thought they did! I automatically think of bus tours or an organised group tour, and always assume jumping in a taxi would be too expensive but I was wrong!
What did we learn from the experience?
- At only £24 per hour in a taxi this is fantastic value.
- You get a uniformed driver who will take you to all the top spots in the city, usually starting with one of the most popular stops in Stormont Estate.
- Some other most popular stops include: Queen’s University, The Murals, Crumlin Road Gaol, Belfast City Hall and the Titanic Quarter
- Titanic Belfast is a big must see location in Titanic Quarter, along with Thomson Dry Dock and the Titanic Studios where Game of Thrones is filmed.
- People always want to see the once named most bombed hotel in Europe, The Europa and also The Grand Opera House next door.
- All these locations are standard tour stops but if you’ve done your research, you can go to locations of your own choice.
- You have the luxury of stopping where and when you want, and for however long you need.
- Visitors know their stuff and have researched in advance what they’d like to see.
- Other tours include the Causeway Coast and Giants Causeway Tour, a Game of Thrones tour, and much more. Check out their website here.
- Taxi tours are an extremely handy way to see the area and can seat up to 4 people for that £24 per taxi tour per hour.
Tours can be pre-booked by telephone on (028) 90809080 or visit their website at www.valuecabs.co.uk