The Northern Ireland Tourist Board (NITB) has put together a list of 9 exciting things to do in Northern Ireland next week (February 16-22).
- Red Bull Crashed Ice 2015, Stormont Estate, Belfast, February 20-21
Belfast will stage one of the four stops of the Red Bull Crashed Ice World Series 2015. Over 140 competitors will take part in the action-packed race on a heart-pumping assault course that has been specifically designed for Belfast. The track will be positioned in front of Parliament Buildings and an estimated crowd of 40,000 is expected to attend.
- The Comedy of Errors, Ardhowen Theatre, 97 Dublin Road, Enniskillen, Co Fermanagh. February 19-21. Following the phenomenal success of the recent performance of ‘Allo’ Allo!’ by the Enniskillen Amateur Dramatic Society they are returning with a performance of William Shakespeare’s ‘The Comedy of Errors’.
- Ireland`s Greatest Voices – The Three Tenors, The Waterfront, Lanyon Place, Belfast, February 21. This thrilling fast-moving concert is packed with a selection of the world’s most beautiful, magical, feel-good and uplifting songs. You can enjoy classics such as ‘My Way’ and ‘New York, New York’, ‘Hallelujah’ and ‘Nessun Dorma’.
- Jason Byrne – ‘You Name The Show’, Market Street, Armagh, Co Armagh, February 20. It has been said that no two Jason Byrne shows are the same. Now the master of improvised comedy pushes the limits even further with the introduction of the wheel of stand up. This original stand up concept, which is either an act of extreme daring or supreme laziness, involves Jason not only letting the audience name the show but getting them to choose the topics discussed as they are invited to spin the wheel of random nonsense.
- Adult Pony Camps, Tullynewbank Stables, Glenavy, Co Antrim, February 22. Adult Camps are a great way to refine a skill or to learn something completely new. You do not need to be a seasoned pro or be the guru of all knowledge when it comes to horses as there is something for everyone to do, no matter what your skill level is.
- Hands on Seafood Cookery Classes, Nautilus Centre, Rooney Road, Kilkeel, Co Down, February 21. Enjoy hands on cookery class where the chef will take you through a number of recipes, various cooking, and preparation techniques and tips. The course is designed to be informative but also to be a fun and enjoyable experience.
- All for the Dead Man’s Penny, Roe Valley Arts Centre, 24 Main Street, Limavady, Co Londonderry, February 19. Join internationally renowned storyteller Liz Weir and fiddle player Ciaran Mulholland as they present a riveting tale told through passionate storytelling and music that links past and present, a tale of lost youth and memories that span the generations.
- Give My Head Peace Live 2015… Back with a Bang, The Alley Theatre, Strabane, Co Tyrone, February 21. Uncle Andy takes his annual week off from the Kneebreakers for a night of laughs at the Alley Theatre. He’ll be ably assisted by Pastor Begbie as well as Billy, Dympna Ma, Cal and Da. If you haven’t seen the gang live, find out why they always sell out!
- Jesus Christ Superstar, Grand Opera House, Great Victoria Street, Belfast, until February 28. Jesus Christ Superstar exploded onto the musical scene in 1971, stunning audiences and changing the face of musical theatre forever. Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd Webber’s rock opera tells the story of the last seven days in the life of Jesus through an extraordinary, groundbreaking score.
Please note some of the events require pre-booking. For more details on these and other events click on www.discovernorthernireland.com/events, visit your local tourist information centre or log onto www.facebook.com/discovernorthernireland.