The Northern Ireland Tourist Board (NITB) has put together a list of 10 exciting things to do in Northern Ireland next week (November 10- 16).
• 21st William Kennedy Piping Festival, various locations, Co Armagh, November 13-16. Celebrating the life and work of William Kennedy, the 18th century piper, this Festival brings pipers from all over the world to Armagh for four days of traditional music, sessions, classes, exhibitions and lectures. Don’t miss the Festival highlight, The Uileann Pipes Concert in St Patrick’s Church of Ireland Cathedral on Sat 15.
• Bjorn Identity ABBA Tribute and 70’s Disco, Banbridge, Co Down, November 15. Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! a night out of entertainment at Bannville House Hotel with tribute band Bjorn Identity playing the hits of 70’s super group ABBA.
• Belfast Beer and Cider Festival, Ulster Hall, Belfast, November 13-15. Enjoy a 3 day celebration of great beer and cider. But it’s not all about the beer and cider as there are food stalls and a great selection of live music featuring a variety of local artists along with pub games and tutored tasting sessions.
• Belfast Christmas Continental Market, Belfast City Hall, Donegall Square, Belfast, November 15 to December 21. One of the most anticipated events in the calendar is returning for the 10th year! A fantastic range of food, beverages, crafts and decorations is on offer from across Europe and beyond.
• John McNicholl in concert, The Burnavon, Cookstown, Co Tyrone, November 14. John McNicholl is back in the Burnavon by public demand following his debut appearance last year where he received a standing ovation! Supporting John will be special guests, Lisa Stanley, co–presenter of Sky’s Phil Mack International Country Show, compere Big Bernie, the John McNicholl Band and Sheila McNicholl.
• A Musical Journey from Stage to Screen with The Leading Ladies, Island Arts Centre, Lisburn, Co Antrim, November 13-15. Join Northern Ireland’s songbirds in a spectacular show featuring the best loved hits from stage and screen. Blending old with the new while adding their inimitable harmonies and vocal arrangements, an evening with The Leading Ladies is a music experience not to be missed!
• Echo Echo Festival of Dance and Movement 2014, Echo Echo Dance Theatre Company, Waterloo House, Magazine Street, Co Londonderry, until November 15. Come and see some shows or join us for daily classes, workshops, artist talks and family-friendly dance picnics as Echo Echo Festival of Dance and Movement returns for a second edition with an outstanding programme of performances.
• Rumors by Neil Simon, Ardhowen Theatre, 97 Dublin Road, Enniskillen, Co Fermanagh, November 13-15. Enjoy this riotously funny play that centres on the efforts of eight party guests to spare their unfortunate host, and themselves from scandal. The party descends into a chaos of epic proportions before a surprising explanation to the evening’s turn of events proves more incredible than anyone could have imagined.
• Craft Fair, Courtyard Theatre, Newtownabbey, Co Antrim, November 15. Those looking for that special and unique Christmas gift should look no further than this festive fair. Featuring over 40 stalls of international and homemade food, bespoke textiles and giftware, handmade jewellery and children’s toys, there is sure to be something to tempt everyone. There will also be face painting and a balloon artist that will keep children happy and a snack bar with plenty of refreshments.
• Belfast Christmas Light Switch On, Belfast City Hall, November 15. Join the Lord Mayor and special guests from 6.45pm as the city of Belfast marks the start of the festive season.
Please note some of the events require pre-booking.