Sabrina’s Summer Style:
It’s officially summer and whether you are heading on holiday to sunnier horizons or holding out for that heat wave we’re promised every year my Summer Style essentials are a must.
1. I love effortless beauty. I love being able to get up and go especially on holiday; who wants to waste time making yourself beautiful when you can be working on your tan? As part of my preholiday beauty ritual I ensure I have the perfect summer manicure and pedicure. I normally go with coral colours for holiday but this is a personal preference. I do however highly recommend gel nails as opposed to shellac or acrylic as I find they last a lot longer when you’re in and out of water. Nail extensions however are a big no no as they damage your own nails underneath. Eyelash extensions on the other hand are a holiday must! Nothing like waking up with eyelashes that would make a Disney princess proud. I’ve tried a number of salons in Belfast and have found that the’ Russian lashes’ from Vamp Beauty salon are the best. Not only do they look fantastic but they last 3-4 weeks. A bit pricey at £85.00 but totally worth it and an infill is only £35.00.
[Top Tip: If you are going to get eyelash extensions make sure you look after your own lashes too! I recommend Dream Weave ‘Treatment Lash Construct Serum available from Vamp]
2. I’m clumsy. I literally fall over putting my socks on. So it’s no surprise that I’m forever breaking things, sunglasses being one of these things. When I go on holiday I always bring two pairs with me. The designer pair that I love and a cheap everyday pair for by the pool or beach. That way if you drop them, stand on them, or lose them in the sea you don’t feel like crying just as much. This year I’m all about rose gold aviators. The designer pair I picked up were from Guess priced £75.00. The high street pair I bought are available from River island for £10.00! If you really want to splash out check out Michael Kors version (£166.00) available from House of Fraser.
3. Skin care is important all year around but especially when you are in the sun. Sun Cream is an obvious must for protecting your skin from sun damage but it’s not enough. Your face is very sensitive and needs to be kept moisturised. I swear by The Body Shops ‘Drops of Youth’(£30.00 for 50ml) it’s an anti-ageing serum that not only moisturises the top layer of skin but also the lower layers all while enhancing surface skin condition. I always finish with Nutriganics smoothing day cream (£14.00 for 50ml). This luxurious moisturiser hydrates for up to 12 hours and ‘smoothes the appearance of lines and wrinkles’. If you ever suffer from combination or dry skin I cannot recommend these products enough. If you do happen to accidently get sun burnt (we’ve all been there) put the ‘Drops of Youth’ in the fridge and plaster your face in it when it’s suitably cold.
Your body is of course Important too! I absolutely love The Body Shop ‘Satsuma Body Butter’ (£13.00 for 200ml) it’s so luscious and makes you smell good enough to eat or Soap and Glory ‘The Righteous butter’ which is so light it will leave your skin feeling softer than ever. (£10.50 for 300ml)
[Top Tip: Apply either body butters on to skin while still damp from the shower to lock in moisturiser and keep your skin hydrated – this is key for younger looking skin]
4. A flattering bikini or swimsuit is a must for your summer holiday. This is completely down to personal preference and your body shape but making sure you feel confident and comfortable in a bikini this summer is a must, after all you spend all day in one! My favourite bikinis this summer are:
What more could you want in life than a retro Barbie bikini? Nothing! Wild Fox have some amazing retro style one and two pieces but this Barbie one is a dream. At £116.00 this one’s for the big spenders.
I LOVE this wrap bikini from ASOS (Top £16.00/bottoms 12.00) Perfect for all body shapes – no matter if you have little bee stings are huge mamas this bikini top will look amazing on everyone. It comes in a few colours but the white will really accentuate your tan and make you look even more like a goddess!
This pineapple cut out swim suit from H&M (£19.99). Not only is it fun and flirty but the cut out sides will make you look slimmer and your waist look tiny!
5. Accessories are EVERYTHING! They have the power to completely change the look of an entire outfit. This summer I completely fell in love with New Looks watermelon bag, not only is it perfect for by the beach, pool or even with the right evening outfit but it’s a complete bargain at only £12.99. If watermelons aren’t your thing don’t worry they have pineapples, lemons and oranges too! Yes, you do need one of these in your life.
For something a bit more glamorous I am a big fan of Stella and dot. A bit pricey but their bag designs are stunning. Of course I was all over their orange collection. Perfect for a night filled with drinking cocktails and dancing with your girlfriends. I update my Jewellery a lot, because of how it can bring any old outfit up to trend, I recently discovered an Irish Boutique called Betty and Biddy and I am in love with pretty much everything they sell. Not only do they have bright, bold statement necklaces and earrings that are perfect for day or night but they are reasonably priced while maintaining a high quality.
Now that you know all my summer secrets there is only one thing left to do…. Enjoy the sun.