We have many memories from our youth of visiting the Game Fair when it was in Clandeboye Estate in Bangor and it’s early years at Shane’s Castle. A lot has changed since those early days and it has evolved. So we have picked ten great things for you to look forward to at this year’s Game Fair.
Ten Great Things to Do at the Irish Game Fair & Fine Food Festival at Shanes Castle Antrim on 24 and 25 June
- Sample Lough Neagh Eels, lovingly prepared by Derry’s favourite chef, Emmett McCourt
- Be a country big shot: try your hand at archery or clay pigeon shooting
- Cast for compliments with some of Ireland’s leading Professional Game Angling Instructors demonstrating how to wield a fly fishing rod
- Visit a Viking village to find out about the surprisingly peaceful home lives of the fearsome Norse seafarers
- Shop for new green wellies and country casual tweeds
- Fall in love with ferrets, the domesticated form of the European polecat. These furry friends may have a seriously wicked reputation, but be prepared to be bowled over by their playful charm
- Discover your inner Prince Phillip with a crash course in carriage driving. Or maybe you’d be better (and a whole lot safer) watching from the side lines.
- The thunder of hooves, the clash of lances … cheer on your favourite Medieval Jouster
- Give your dog a day out and hope he’ll pick up a few tips by watching the canine competitors in agility and obedience! (Failing that, get dog handling advice from the experts)
- Snap a selfie with a gorgeous new pal … a falcon, rabbit, grouse, owl … even a dancing horse!
The Great Game Fairs of Ireland are supported by TourismNI, Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council and Failte Ireland. See more at www.irishgamefair.com