We have a new Thursday blogger on Belfast Times. Let’s welcome Ashleigh Coyle and her new Belfast Times weekly lifestyle blog #InAshleighsShoes
I find that the introduction of yourself never gets any easier on any written platform, so I’ve opted for the good old ‘question game’.
1. What are the top 3 qualities that draw you to someone new?
Honesty, good listener & open minded.
2. What 3 words would you use to describe yourself?
Honest, independent & argumentative.
3. If you could eliminate one weakness or limitation in your life, what would it be?
4. If you were a crayon, what colour would you be?
5. What is something about yourself that you hope will change, but probably never will?
How stubborn I can be.
6. Do you prefer that people shoot straight with you or tamper their words?
The more honesty the better the friend, I think.
7. What’s one thing you’d rather pay someone to do than do yourself & why?
Pull the hair out of the plug hole in the bath after washing my hair because I’d rather vomit.
8. If you could restore one broken relationship, which would it be?
Zilch, they’ve broken and not been fixed for a reason so why would you want the drama back?
9. Are you more inclined to “build your own empire” or unleash the potential of others?
I’m nearly finished level 20 on ‘Sim City – Build It’, already practicing for future world domination.
10. What is your nickname & what do you prefer to be called?
Ash & depends how close we are. I’m crazy enough to take offence if you call me Ash after two minutes.
11. What’s your reaction towards people who are outspoken about their beliefs?
I’m very outspoken and stand firmly & strongly for each one of my beliefs so I have a lot of respect for people who are similar, although I hate people who force it on to others.
12. What is one guilty pleasure you enjoy too much to give up?
It’s either buying so many shoes or being every dog owners worst nightmare by stopping and asking 101 questions and insisting on petting their dog for 5 minutes. (not forgetting cheese)
13. What do you do if you can’t sleep at night?
If I had of been asked this a few months ago, my answer would have been the same as every other compulsive internet user, ‘sit on my phone’ but since then, I’ve developed the benefits of meditation apps!
14. What’s the greatest present you have received?
Without a doubt my 16th birthday present, which was my Miniature Yorkshire Terrier and she is just my absolute life (hence the title), I didn’t know it was possible to have so much love for something so small!
15. Are you more likely to avoid conflict or engage it head on?
Engage it without a doubt. I don’t enjoy conflict and it’s something I’d rather not have in my everyday life, but I’m not afraid of it. If there’s conflict, then there’s a problem & I’m a firm believer in not leaving problems to fester.
16. When making an entrance to a party, do you make your presence know, slip in and look for someone you know or sneak in and find a safe spot?
It obviously depends on who’s party it is. I wouldn’t enter my bestfriend’s grandparents 50th wedding anniversary with ‘WHERE’S THE CAKE AT??’ however I’d probably enter my best friend’s party in such ‘manner’ (preferably searching for prosecco!).
17. What’s your proudest achievement?
It’s a toss up between lasting three loooong months in the most famous house in the UK & coming out as the runner up of Big Brother 2014 or competing against every reality TV star and winning Best Reality TV Personality of the Year at the National Reality TV Awards.
Hope to have you all back next Thursday, have a great weekend!
Ash (I’ll not get offended for now!) x