The very aptly named, Bubbly Bar is a mobile bar made from black and copper and the fancy colours make it a classy addition to any occasion. Set up by local businesswoman, Alex Megarry (27), Bubbly Bar is available to hire for weddings, parties and corporate events, adding a bit of fizz to any event. You can even ‘pimp your prosecco’ with fruits and syrups, just to give it the extra wow factor.
I’ll be honest, I do prefer prosecco to champagne not just about the cost, but also about the flavour and it appears I’m not the only one.
According to Alex, “Prosecco’s popularity has continued to rise, adding a touch of luxury to an event without the unaffordable price tag. Trying to get a glass of it in at an outside event however is a different story and that’s exactly how Bubbly Bar was born.
“Being mobile means we can go to wherever you are, in a garden, a marquee or outside your wedding venue. Brides crave something new and fun at their reception and with the sweetie carts and photo-booths having done the rounds; Bubbly Bar provides a refreshing alternative.”
If you have been living in a cave for the last few years and you’re not sure what prosecco is, here are some fun facts:
- The name is derived from that of the Italian village of Prosecco near Trieste, where the grape may have originated
- As it’s less expensive than champagne, it is often used as the fizz in cocktails such as bellini and mimosa
- It should be drunk young, preferably within 3 years after production
- Sales at major supermarkets shot up 34 per cent to £356 million in the year to the end of February, according to analysis by IRI
- Prosecco producers in Italy are panicking that Brexit could take its toll on prosecco sales to the UK, which is its main export country. Bad news for us as a weaker pound makes prosecco more expensive in the UK.
- The other major panic was that there are prosecco shortages, so get in quick if you haven’t tried it!
For more information and to book Bubbly Bar contact www.bubblybar.com
Spotting local hidden gems from the world of beauty, health, fashion, tourism and hospitality. I have my ear to the ground (quite literally) to keep you up to date about the new or interesting products and services from our neck of the woods. If you know one – get in touch on twitter @grainnemcgarvey or at www.pulseprni.com