There are a few things in life that can be very elusive to find- that perfect little black dress, the right man and of course a super fitting pair of jeans. So when I heard about a free event on next weekend that helps women find the right denim to suit whatever size derriere, I knew you lovely BT readers would like to hear about it.
Ballymena’s Fairhill Shopping Centre is hosting a free Jeanetics-It’s all in the Jeans 3D body scanning and shaping event on Saturday 12 (11am-5pm) and Sunday 13 March (1pm-5 pm) Customers can use the private scanner to get their individual measurements and then try on the right shape of jeans that best suits their body shape. Afterwards the beauty and skincare experts from Debenhams and Boots will be on hand to offer advice on choosing the perfect make-up and skincare to complete the look. Here are some of the SS16 styles on show during the event.
I’ll be styling the event and helping shoppers find their right fit, so make sure to say hi when you pop in. In the meantime, here are some denim do’s and don’ts to have you looking hot to trot for SS16.
- Avoid over treated pairs. Ripped, whiskered (the ugly white lines across your thighs) and very worn looking are not a good look this season
- Watch your length. A little ankle on show is a good thing; a straight pair with material bunched around the ankle is not a popular choice.
- With footwear think opposites: A slim leg benefits from a chunkier shoe (like a brogue or loafer), a stiletto only really looks modern with a boyfriend or looser cut. Skinny heels and skinny jeans is very Wag. Avoid.
- Remember is our body shape can change and the style we wore in our twenties doesn’t mean they will still suit us in our thirties. Get the right fit, rather than just going for the latest trend.
- Keep an eye on the pockets as they can make a real difference in shaping your behind. A button down pocket will give a curvy J-Lo effect as they will ‘lift’, pocket seams that draw down into a point will give added definition and bigger pockets are also good for balancing.
Spotting local hidden gems from the world of beauty, health, fashion, tourism and hospitality. I have my ear to the ground (quite literally) to keep you up to date about the new or interesting products and services from our neck of the woods. If you know one – get in touch on twitter @grainnemcgarvey or at www.pulseprni.com