Fermanagh Restaurant Week makes a welcome return to the local events calendar, taking place from Friday 15th until 24th September.
Serving up nine days of deliciousness in fabulous eateries across the county, celebrating everything delicious about Fermanagh. Diners will be spoilt for choice with the opportunity to indulge in bespoke menus and unique tasty events including gourmet lunches, classic afternoon teas to sumptuous fine dining, meet the producer events, dine on Lough Erne, pop up restaurants and much more!
Organisers Fermanagh Lakeland Tourism are encouraging everyone to try something new or book a table at a tried-and-tested favourite and join in celebrating Fermanagh’s bustling food and drink scene.
A snap shot of some of the highlights of Restaurant Week include the opportunity get on board some of Fermanagh’s waterbuses and watertaxi to experience a foodie treat on the waters of Lough Erne.
You can enjoy a tour on the Lady of the Lake including refreshments and sweet treats on board or even take a trip on the MV Kestrel in conjunction with Westville Hotel and The Boatyard Distillery. Waterways Ireland is encouraging locals and visitors alike to get out on the waterway to enjoy an unique dining experience while experiencing the best of Fermanagh’s unique Lakeland landscape.
Other Restaurant Week events include the renowned Lough Erne Resort who have created a variety of foodie events to celebrate their 10th anniversary; Belle Isle Castle are hosting a gourmet Wine Dinner and South West College culinary students are hosting a pop up restaurant in Erneside Shopping Centre.
With a fantastic selection of events taking place right across Fermanagh’s hotels, restaurants, National Trust properties, on waters of Lough Erne, it is an opportunity for eateries to showcase the passion that goes into making, cooking and serving up the very best of fresh local produce.
Some of the special events and menus on offer during Fermanagh Restaurant Week include:
• Pop Up Restaurants
• Wednesday 20th September – South West College Pop Restaurant Erneside Shopping Centre Donations in support of Ellies Retreat.
• Dine on Lough Erne
• Saturday 23rd September – Share Discovery Village – Afternoon Tea on board the Inishcruiser.
• Bespoke Themed Menus
• Tuesday 19th September – Killyhevlin Lakeside Hotel “Flavours of Fermanagh” Menu.
• Wednesday 20th September – Lough Erne Resort 10th Anniversary Dinner. Come and savour 10 of Noel McMeel’s signature dishes.
• Meet The Producer Events -Fermanagh’s artisan producers, growers and brewers
• Friday 22nd September – Westville Hotel Pop Up restaurant in conjunction with Boatyard Distillery and The MV Kestrel.
• Gourmet Food & Craft Drink Evenings
• Saturday 22nd September – Belle Isle Gourmet Wine Dinner. Includes prosecco & canape reception, 4 course meal with wine pairings.
• National Trust Properties
• Saturday 16th September – Castle Coole ‘Strawberry Tea’ morning with live music in Tallow House Tearoom.