East Belfast will become a hive of creative energy from 3 – 13 August for the EastSide Arts Festival 2017.
Everyone is invited to pop along and explore the east of the city during a fantastic 11-day festival packed with music and words, theatre, film, tours, visual arts, workshops and community events, all rounded off with the EastSide Family Circus and Big Top weekend.
The Festival will use a diverse range of venues across east Belfast including; C.S. Lewis Square, Strand Arts Centre, EastSide Visitor Centre, Maple Leaf Club, The Bath House, Skainos Rooftop Garden, St Martin’s Church, Willowfield Parish Church, The Bank, and the Tumble Circus Big Top – to name but a few.
- Free Festival Fun Day featuring a purpose-built People’s Pharmacy where creative prescriptions will be handed out to passers-by to brighten their day;
- EastSide Family Circus at the Big Top on C.S. Lewis Square offering entertainment for the whole family;
- Big Top Weekend featuring a cabaret evening and performances from both Gareth Dunlop and Ciaran Lavery;
- Other music highlights include Ken Haddock and the Arco String Quartet recording a new album, Anthony Toner, Kaz Hawkins, The Illegals with Niamh Kavanagh and Belfast Community Gospel Choir;
- Comedy and magic from Midweek Magic Club to the return of Murder She Got Wrote Off ;
- Theatre including Sam McCready’s adaptation of Robert Harbinson’s No Surrender;
- Terra Nova’s new anti-racism play, Me You Us Them;
- A diverse range of cinema screenings at Strand Arts Centre and
- A special pop-up screening of A Patch of Fog at Wyse Byse Warehouse which was a location for the film;
- Bus, walking, cemetery tours and the Van Morrison and George Best tours;
- A host of visual arts, classes and workshops including courses at The Bank with the Belfast Bankers.
During the festival, east and west Belfast will connect with the Translink East West Bus Tour, specially commissioned for the festival, and Féile Unplugged where EastSide Emerging artists will perform.
For full festival programme including tickets visit www.eastsidearts.net or Facebook/EastSideArtsBel and Twitter @EastSideArtsBel #ESAFest17.