It's almost time for the BIG Belfast Pride parade for 2017 The biggest LGBT festival in Ireland is drawing to a close for another year, but not before the parade snakes its way around Belfast city centre on Saturday. Check out some facts about Belfast Pride, and the full route. Don't forget about the party at Custom House Square all afternoon!!!
What you need to know about Belfast Pride:
- This years theme is Demand Change
- Belfast Pride hosts over 130 events during the 10 day festival with audiences of up to 50,000 each year.
- Belfast Pride is the biggest LGBT festival in Ireland.
- Belfast Pride is the biggest cross community parade in the city.
- This year it runs from Friday 28th July to Sunday 6th August
- The parade day is on Saturday 5th August 2017.
- The parade is the main event in the LGBTQ calendar and is always one of the key events in Belfast Pride festival.
- Belfast Pride is a charity that exists to deliver Belfast Pride Festival.
Parade Route 2017
When: Saturday 5th August at 1.00pm. Leaving from Custom House Square, parade build up starts from 11.30am.
The Route: Leaving from Custom House at 1.00pm sharp on to High Street > Bridge Street > Donegall Street > Royal Avenue > Donegall Place > Donegall Square East > Donegall Square South > Howard Street > Upper Queen Street > Queen Street > Castle Street > Castle Place > High Street > Custom House Square
Download the full pride guide here.
Check out their website for the latest news www.belfastpride.com
Party at Custom House Sq
Belfast's biggest LGBT outdoor celebration hosted by Sonya Mac and guests with headline acts Conleth Kane, Robert Brown and David Jackson. And a DJ set by Q Radio's Ryan A. The party starts at midday on Saturday 5th August.