The Northern Ireland Tourist Board (NITB) has put together a list of 10 exciting things to do in Northern Ireland over the next week (August 11 – August 17).
• Belsonic, Custom House Square, Belfast, August 15 – 22. Example and Jess Glynne are the first of an electrifying line up playing at this year’s Belsonic festival kicking off Friday 15 August. Biffy Clyro, Twin Atlantic, Kodaline and Chic follow throughout the week at what is tipped to be one of the most exciting events of the summer.
• Ulster Grand Prix, Dundrod Circuit, Lisburn, Co Antrim, August 13 – 16. Enjoy the world’s fastest road race right here in Northern Ireland with many of the top road racers from across the globe scheduled to attend.
• 24th Anniversary Family Fun Day at Ark Open Farm Bangor Road, Newtownards, Co Down, August 11. Come and join in on the fun filled Ark Open Farm celebration. Now open to the public for 24 years, The Ark has plenty of events planned including a bouncy castle, inflatable assault course and face painting with a delicious BBQ served all day.
• Twilight Tour, Belfast Zoological Gardens, Belfast, August 16. Ever wondered what the animals get up to after closing time? Well come along and find out at this special VIP twilight tour of the zoo. The night will begin with a barbeque dinner, followed by a guided tour.
• Victorian Weekend, The Argory, Co Armagh, August 16 -17. Become a Victorian this weekend by enjoying afternoon tea, traditional games and get dressed up in customary clothing at the stunning Argory. The Argory is known for its sweeping vistas and eclectic interior of the 1820’s riverside estate.
• Dinner Cruise on Upper and Lower Lough Erne, Killyhevlin Hotel Jetty, Enniskillen, Co Fermanagh, August 16.
Start your Saturday evening off with a relaxing 90 minute cruise of Upper and Lower Lough Erne. Why not enjoy a chilled glass of wine, or a hot drink, listen to some music or the live commentary about the history of Enniskillen Town, the flora and fauna of Lough Erne, and much more.
• Celebration of Cultures, An Creagán, Creggan, Co Tyrone, August 12. Have fun when a kaleidoscope of colours, sounds, sights and fun at An Creagán on Tuesday 12 August. With an African Drum Circle, Thai Sand Arts, Henna Tattooist, African face painter, Brazilian crafts and much more to entertain the whole family.
• River Discover Day, Riverwatch Aquarium, Co Londonderry, August 15. Enjoy an afternoon discovering the spectacular Faughan and Foyle wildlife and try your hand at willow craft, fishing, falconry and much more at the local aquarium visitor centre.
• Landscape Painting & Photography Workshops, Castle Archdale Country Park, Co Fermanagh, August 16. Explore your inner artist with the help of free tuition at Castle Archdale Courtyard where you can paint some stunning scenes and snap a memorable picture. Lessons available include painting and photography.
• Sundays at Carrickfergus Castle, Carrickfergus Castle, Carrickfergus, Co Antrim, August 17. History is made fun at Carrickfergus Castle with music, crafts, historic characters including the castle’s blacksmith and carpenter and also the Barber-Surgeon.