ARTHUR’S DAY 2013 – THE FACTS
We thought you might like to know some facts about Arthur’s Day tonight. The images used here may or may not be who’s coming to Belfast…only time will tell!
· All 32 counties of Ireland will have Arthur’s Day celebrations.
· Over 500 free Arthur’s Day music events are taking place in local pubs all over Ireland.
· Over 1,000 home grown and international artists are performing on the night across Ireland.
· Over 800 drumkits, 1200 guitars, 1600 microphones, 300 keyboards, 130 turntables, 600 miles of electrical and audio cables.
· Over 2,575 hours or 154,500 minutes of live performance on the day.
· 5 Arthur’s Day ticketed events featuring headline artists will take place in pubs in Cork (Rearden’s), Limerick (Nancy Blake’s), Dublin (Dakota and Whelan’s) and Belfast (Laverys) on Arthur’s Day.
· Millions of people in 55 countries including Italy, Germany, France, Spain, Caribbean nations, Malaysia, Indonesia, Australia, Japan, Singapore and South Korea, will all join in the music celebrations.
· Arthur’s Day will see over 20 pubs across Ireland being transformed into creative hubs featuring applicants from the Arthur Guinness Projects creative and cultural initiative.
· GUINNESS has pledged €3 million over three years to provide funding, mentoring and promotional support towards the Arthur Guinness Projects creative and cultural initiative.
· Celebrating 254 years since Arthur Guinness signed the 9,000 year lease on the St. James’s Gate Brewery in Dublin.
Find out more about this years Arthur’s Day here.