Some of world’s most famous aviation attractions will take to the skies over Portrush’s eastern shoreline this weekend for two days of thrilling flying aerobatics.
Air Waves Portrush, running on Saturday 2nd and Sunday 3rd September 2017, is the largest airshow on the island of Ireland and will welcome over 200,000 spectators for a packed programme of aerial and land based entertainment.
What to expect at Airwaves 2017:
- The world-famous RAF Red Arrows (sponsored by The Adelphi Portrush) who will perform their trademark formations, close passes and dynamic loops on both days.
- The Typhoon jet (sponsored by B&E Security Systems) will give crowds a thrilling show of power on both Saturday and Sunday as it displays its jaw-dropping manoeuvrability.
- Breath-taking aerobatics of the Wildcat display team (sponsored by Portrush Atlantic Hotel)
- The extremely popular Muscle Bi-plane (sponsored by Barry’s Portrush) and
- Team Raven (sponsored by JP Corry), who will be making their first ever appearance at the show.
- Vietnam veterans Huey and Loach and the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight’s Spitfire will once again wow crowds with their distinctive flypasts
- A stunning pyrotechnic aerial display in Portstewart (sponsored by Morelli’s) on the Saturday evening
- A packed programme of family entertainment, live music from The illegals and a magnificent seafront fireworks display.
This year’s event has an enhanced visitor experience on the ground with live music, street entertainment, fun zone, Motor Village and the Naturally North Coast and Glens Artisan Market.
The Ulster Aviation Society and the Ulster Gliding Club will invite visitors into a bygone era with its collection of vintage flying machines and gliding aircraft.
The STEM Village will make a welcome return after its successful debut last year bringing together a range of employers and education providers aimed to showcasing career opportunities in Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths.
Translink is providing additional capacity on trains and buses and organisers advise visitors where possible to use these services, as well as the free park and ride shuttle bus.
The official Air Waves Portrush 2017 souvenir programme is now on sale from selected outlets in Portrush, Portstewart, Coleraine and Ballymoney and Visitor Information Centres throughout the borough of the Causeway Coast and Glens.
For more information on Air Waves Portrush visit www.airwavesportrush.co.uk or search for Air Waves Portrush on Facebook and Twitter.