6 1/2 things we love about La Taverna
La Taverna at Fratelli on Great Victoria street will forever be the place where the plans for me to be the new Northern Man columnist in Northern Woman were hatched! That all happened at the launch event, but I’ve been back to try out this reincarnation of upstairs at Fratelli.
What did we love about La Taverna:
- Top of the list is the menu. With Venetian small plates, sharing pans, hand-crafted miniature desserts ,there is a lot of amazing Italian cuisine happening here.. What a great selection to choose from!
- The Terrace is a fantastic addition to the upstairs and offers the perfect spot to chill out (literally chill out, in this cool summer weather).
- The place looks fantastic all red brick and marble with a great vibe. It was buzzing on the Saturday night we were in. That’s always great to see.
- Location location location: it’s right across the road from Great Victoria St train station and just up from the Grand Opera House. A perfect pre theatre venue, or for us, getting the train in for a Saturday evening in the town.
- The Padella was amazing. Actually if you’re having a small plate each as well, then the sharing Padella pan is enough for 4 people. At £44 it’s a touch pricey if it’s only for 2 people, but trust me, you won’t need any other food unless you can squeeze in a miniature dessert.
- The Stromboli was probably my highlight of the meal, £9 for a rather large Pancetta, Wild Mushroom and Grated Truffle rolled pizza. Worth having.
- The wine list is all Italiano wine with a huge range of prices right up to £1850 for a bottle… eek!
And finally, it’s been so successful, the Galgorm Resort is opening its own La Taverna very soon.
Of course and as always, I was all over insta stories on the night! Don’t miss out in future at www.instagram.com/belfasttimes