DiscoverNorthernIreland.com has stacks of fun things to do across NI, from family days out to gigs and cultural events. Here are 10 exciting things taking place this week (18-24 December)
1. Titanic Tea and Movie Experience, Belfast, 19 December. Join Titanic Belfast as they kickstart their programme of events celebrating the 20th Anniversary of ‘Titanic: The Movie’. Celebrate this milestone anniversary in the opulent Titanic Suite as Titanic Belfast host a red-carpet movie themed Afternoon Tea by the replica Grand Staircase – perfect for the ultimate movie fan to enjoy the film in First Class style.
2. The Spectacular Aladdin, Belfast, 14- 27 December. SSE Airtricity, The SSE Arena and M & J Pantos have combined forces to announce Northern Ireland’s newest and biggest Christmas pantomime, The Spectacular Aladdin, starring Rhydian, Jake Carter, Nadia Forde, Nuala McKeever and Ross Anderson-Doherty. To book your ticket visit SSEArenaBelfast.com.
3. A Night With The Stars Christmas Show, Lisburn, 20 December. Following a sell-out show last year, the hugely popular ‘A Night with the Stars Show’ returns for an unmissable night of Country Music with a festive touch. The stellar line-up includes Ray Lynam, Ritchie Remo and many more. All will showcase their biggest hit songs in the company of a fabulous line band. Book your tickets at LaganValleyIsland.co.uk
4. 2017 Winter Gathering – Causeway Coast Foodie Tours, Coleraine, 22-30 December. 2017 Winter Gathering is an informal boat trip on the beautiful River Bann offering a relaxed and informative afternoon of whiskey sampling, food tasting and a light sprinkling of stunning scenery and wildlife on the Bann Estuary. A marvellous opportunity to appreciate this historic town from a different perspective at this most wonderful time of the year. Meeting at Waterside Pontoon, Coleraine.
5. Winter Solstice, Co. Armagh, 21 December. Applaud the arrival of the Winter Solstice with a wonderful celebration which mirrors how the Celts would have celebrated such an occasion at the Navan Centre and Fort. In the company of the Celts, follow some traditions and customs associated with the Winter Solstice, before taking part in a lantern-lit walk to Navan Fort, where re-enactors will welcome the breaking of dawn.
6. Johnny Brady Dance & Entertainment Night, Co. Down, 22 December. Known for his powerful vocals, energetic performances and charismatic personality, Johnny Brady has a unique sound and is continually pushing the boundaries in a new generation of Irish country music artists. Get your dancing boots on and head for the Millbrook House Hotel in Ballynahinch for a night of dance and Christmas entertainment.
7. AMAZEing Christmas Crafts, Belfast, 16-31 December. Just like Hansel and Gretel, get lost this Christmas in The MAC’s aMAZEing crafty workshop. Make your own Christmassy 3D maze and unwrap the puzzle to help Hansel and Gretel find their way home. To book your ticket visit TheMacLive.com.
8. Christmas Wonderland, Magherafelt, 1-23 December. The Jungle’s Christmas Wonderland is the perfect festive family day out. Share a meet and greet with Santa, have a giggle with his colourful Elves, enjoy The Jungle’s exciting adventure activities, get creative with a spot of arts and crafts or grab a cuddle with the curious creatures in the Woodland Petting Farm. To book visit TheJungleNI.com.
9. Here Comes Santa, Co. Down, 9-22 December. Make magical memories this Christmas at Castle Espie and visit Santa in the enchanted gardens. Activities include snowflake making, golden snowflake hunt filled with winter wonderland surprises along the way, storytelling and marshmallow toasting.
10. Bubbles in a Boat, Derry~Londonderry, 2-24 December. Go on a Christmas cruise with Bubbles the elf and help him find the missing items from Santa’s sleigh. Afterwards make a Christmas clay tile with Mrs Claus and enjoy hot chocolate and a Christmas cookie. To book call 028 7136 3133.
For more information on these events or to plan a short break in Northern Ireland, visit www.DiscoverNorthernIreland.com.