DiscoverNorthernIreland.com has stacks of fun things to do across NI, from family days out to gigs and cultural events. Here are 10 exciting things taking place this week (July 10-16).
1. Lassie Summer Series, Fabling the Coast, Portrush, 14 July. Come on board the Lassie boat trip to hear the stories of the Banshee of Dunluce Castle, pirate treasure, Vikings, mermaids and many more tales of the Causeway Coast. Join Liz Weir as she shares legends and lore reflecting our rich coastal heritage. Sailing from Portrush Harbour at 6pm and returning at 9pm
2. Sham Fight, Craigavon, 13 July. King William of Orange camped here with his army of 30,000 in 1690 on the way to the famous Battle of the Boyne. Come along and enjoy the festive atmosphere and splendid colours on the painted banners and music from bands.
3. Tumble Circus on the Promenade, Newcastle, 15 July. One suitcase, six clubs and 40 minutes of circus, slapstick, and comedy. The trail blazing Tumble Circus continue their adventures by presenting their unique circus comedy street theatre show. Performances at 1pm and 2.30pm
4. Corralea Waterpark, Enniskillen, 11, 13 and 16 July. Corralea Water Park is open to individuals during July and Aug. Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. Numbers are limited for each session. Ring first to book your place call 028 66 386 123
5. Lazy Sundays at The Argory, Dungannon, 16 July. Enjoy laid-back tunes and relaxation in the courtyard while the kids are entertained and feast on the summer BBQ.
6. Stand Up Paddleboard River Trail, Limavady, 10 July. Want to try something unique, chilled out and super fun? Then stand up paddle boarding is for you. An ancient form of surfing (with a paddle) with a Hawaiian heritage. The session is suitable for varying abilities.
7. Bank Holiday Weekend at Titanic Belfast, Belfast, 11 July – 13 July. Challenge the kids with the Explorer Trail throughout the Titanic Experience, meet the Titanic mascots and try out the family interactive guide, before stopping off for a bite to eat in Bistro 401 or the newly refreshed Galley Café.
8. Away A Wee Walk, Dunseverick Harbour, Bushmills, 11 July. Guided 6 mile cliff path walk. The walk is a spectacularly scenic, cliff path walk to the UNESCO world heritage site of the Giant’s Causeway. Advance booking by 8pm the night before required.
9. Castlewellan Agricultural 50th Anniversary Show, Castlewellan, 15 July. Castlewellan Agricultural 50th Anniversary Show is located in the beautiful surroundings of Castlewellan Forest Park within the heart of the Mourne Mountains in County Down. The show will include agricultural shows, trade stands, food and craft producers and much more with live music throughout the day.
10. Sea2Sky Race, Newcastle, 14 July. Take on 10K race, 5K and 10K Walk, an awesome route starting on the promenade in Newcastle and includes a mix of road and track before heading up through the foothills of the Mournes.
For more information on these events or to plan a short break in Northern Ireland, visit www.DiscoverNorthernIreland.com.