Tourism NI has put together a list of 10 exciting things to do in Northern Ireland next week (April 20-26).
• 800 Years Of Annoying The English, Belfast Barge, 1 Lanyon Quay, Belfast, April 24. Fresh from a successful run at The Edinburgh Fringe festival this entertaining show sets out to reveal the shocking truth about our past, from St Patrick to Westlife, in a roller coaster, surreal and musical hour long show. Show starts 8.30pm.
• Ecology Sunday ‘Marvellous Mammals @ Navan’, Navan Centre and Fort, Co Armagh, April 26. Enjoy a free event looking at the world of marvellous mammals like hedgehogs, rabbits, ferrets and foxes. Follow their trails around Navan and make your very own casting of a mammal’s footprint. From 11am – 3pm.
• Belfast Film Festival, various locations, Belfast, until April 25, Preview a series of premiere screenings at this year’s Belfast Film Festival. Film fans will enjoy a veritable feast of films. The Belfast Film Festival began in 1995 as part of Féile An Phobail and has developed hand in hand with the evolving culture of film patronage and filmmaking in the city. Shows begin at various times.
• Colour Me Beautiful, Down Arts Centre, Downpatrick, Co Down, April 25. Get involved in an enlightening, fun and in-depth workshop focusing on beauty, elegance, style and confidence. This full-day workshop will look at colour where each participant will be fully tested with colour fabric swatches to learn what colours really work for them both in clothes and make-up. From 10am – 5pm.
• Vintage Rally, The Argory, Dungannon, Co Tyrone, April 25. Enjoy this must-see event for all vehicle enthusiasts. Hundreds of vintage vehicles will descend upon The Argory as they host their famous vintage vehicle rally. From 12noon – 5pm.
• The Brass Band League Spring Festival, The Alley Arts and Conference Centre, Strabane, Co Tyrone, April 25. Enjoy the Spring sunshine and join hundreds of bandsmen and women enjoying their annual festival day in Strabane in the award winning Alley Theatre. Over 21 bands are set to perform on stage in four section groups for your entertainment. From 10am-6pm.
• Jazz in the Gardens, Mount Stewart, Newtownards, Co Down, April 26. Bring your picnic and settle down on the lawn with your family and friends to enjoy an afternoon of jazz in the beautiful gardens at Mount Stewart. From 2pm-4.30pm.
• Crom Cruise and Castle Tour, Share Discovery Village, Smith’s Strand Lisnaskea, Co Fermanagh, April 26. Cruise to Crom and enjoy a tour of the West Wing. Your cruise will depart Share Village navigating its way through the intricate maze of islands on Upper Lough Erne towards Crom Castle Boathouse where you will alight and enjoy a tour of the West Wing at Crom Castle. From 2pm.
• Kings and Queens of Irish Country Music, Theatre at The Mill, Mossley Mill, Newtownabbey, Co Antrim, April 22. The show will feature five of Ireland’s best known and loved Country legends who between them have had scores of No.1 hits, a string of awards and who have all toured extensively throughout Ireland, Europe and America. From 7.45pm.
• Barry Steele’s Roy Orbison and Friends, Millennium Forum, Newmarket Street, Derry~Londonderry, Co Londonderry, April 22. Using both original and film footage from the era and backed by his fabulous band, Barry Steele will take you through a journey in time as he brings the character of Roy Orbison back to the centre stage, where it truly belongs. Add to the mix special friends Paul Molloy and Boogie Williams celebrating the musical legacy of Elvis Presley and Jerry Lee Lewis and you have yourself a spectacular fusion of good old Rock n Roll and contemporary musical genius all on one stage.
Please note some of the events require pre-booking. For more details on these and other events click on www.discovernorthernireland.com/events, visit your local tourist information centre or log onto www.facebook.com/discovernorthernireland.