DiscoverNorthernIreland.com has stacks of fun things to do across NI, from family days out to gigs and cultural events. Here are 10 exciting things taking place this week (July 17-23).
1. Strawberry Tea Fair, Ballance House, Crumlin, Co Antrim, 22 July. Enjoy a complimentary bowl of strawberries and lots of fun outdoor games for the kids at the annual Strawberry Tea Fair event in the Glenavy countryside. Guided tours of the house will also be available
2. Armagh City Guided Walking Tours, 19-22 July. For those who want to explore everything the City has to offer, a guided walking tour is a must. Walk through Armagh’s rich history as you hear stories and anecdotes about the area, learn about the city’s renowned Georgian architecture and stroll along the distinct cobble streets as you unearth some of the city’s hidden gems along the way. Tours at 11am and 1pm.
3. Eddie Rafferty Exhibition, The F.E. McWilliam Gallery, Banbridge, 17-23 July. Rafferty’s prints, drawings, paintings and collages depict the people and places that he has encountered at home and abroad, particularly in South Africa where he worked for periods as an artist in residence.
4. On the trail of Finn Mac Cool – Exploring Big Dog Forest, Enniskillen, 23 July. Big Dog Forest takes its name after two very distinctive small rounded hills known as Big Dog and Little Dog. But, how have they formed? Legend tells us one way and science another – so why not come along and see which one you believe. Booking is essential, contact Marble Arch Caves on 028 6634 8855. Trails begin at 2pm and 4pm.
5. Super Cup NI, Coleraine, 23 July. The tournament kicks off on Sunday with a colourful parade of the football teams around the town of Coleraine. This is popular with the footballers, and also with locals who line the streets to give a warm welcome and show of support.
6. Lazy Sundays at The Argory, Dungannon, 23 July. Come and join The Argory every Sunday in July for laid back tunes and relaxation in the yard. Chill in the Courtyard while the kids are entertained and feast on the summer BBQ.
7. Mid-Week Madness at IKEA, Belfast, 19 July. Free children’s fun every Wednesday at IKEA including face painting, clay workshops, arts and crafts and the chance to win some back to school goodies.
8. Kaz Hawkins Piano and Vocal Album Launch, Belfast Cathedral, 22 July. Belfast’s multi award winning blues queen Kaz Hawkins steps out of her blues shoes to release a piano and vocal album ‘Don’t You Know’ at Belfast Cathedral. A special concert that will take you through the journey of a woman who says music saved her life and her campaign to increase awareness for mental health through her music.
9. Foyle Cup, Derry~Londonderry, 17- 22 July. Matches are played at over 30 superb venues in Derry City and throughout counties Derry, Tyrone & Donegal. The finals are normally played at Eircom League side Derry City’s Brandywell Stadium and Institute FC.
10. Afternoon Tea with Benefits, Malmasion, Belfast, 22 July. Enjoy the super naughty afternoon tea with a glass of champagne, followed by a makeup masterclass and demonstration with Benefit Cosmetics. To book call 028 9600 1405.
Whats else is happening?
For more information on these events or to plan a short break in Northern Ireland, visit www.DiscoverNorthernIreland.com.