We recently stayed in the beautiful 4 star Europa Hotel in Belfast and discovered a modern hotel with a fantastic team looking after an iconic building right in the city centre.
Invited along by the Hastings group to check out their pride and joy and to rediscover the Europa, a hotel I haven’t stayed in for a number of years, I found a great place to stay in Belfast if you’re looking for a staycation or if you are visiting the city.
The Europa has had quite the history through the 70’s and 80’s in Belfast. It was the place to be for journalists, probably due to it’s central location and one of the only hotels in the city at the time. Fast forward to 2018 and this iconic building which has been open since 1971, is part of the locally owned Hastings Hotels group and continues to grow from strength to strength. It’s more popular than ever and after our visit and the standards we witnessed its success is certainly well deserved.
10 great things to know when staying at the Europa.
- The hotel has 272 rooms including 92 Executive Bedrooms and Suites
- The Clinton Suite was renamed after President Clinton stayed in the room in 1995. We’ve stayed in it!!
- Want to feel like a VIP when you arrive? Enjoy valet car parking at only £18 per day.
- Feeling lazy? Get breakfast in bed. Hang the room service card on your door and enjoy breakfast in your room from £14 plus a £5 per tray delivery charge.
- Or head down to the restaurant and enjoy a great selection of freshly cooked food. Hastings are big on food provenance so you’ll be enjoying a lot of local food. And for the first time in any hotel we’ve stayed in, poached eggs are ready and waiting for you, you don’t need to order them!
- Feeling peckish later? There are a number of options but the food in the Causerie restaurant is superb, we definitely recommend.
- Need a nibble in the afternoon? Why not get afternoon tea served to your table in the Piano Lounge on the first floor and enjoy some delicious sandwiches and cakes while looking out the huge windows over the bustling Great Victoria Street below. £28 per person.
- Pre theatre? Before a night at the Grand Opera House (it’s next door), pop in and enjoy 2 courses and tea/coffee for £18 per person.
- Post theatre cocktails in the Piano Lounge or in the ground floor Lobby Bar. I can recommend the White Chocolate and Raspberry Martini, yes it’s as good as it sounds!
- Booking a room? Book direct. Booking direct guarantees the best value, best service and a personal touch.
The current January offer is B&B from £95 a night. Call 02890271066 and quote FLASHBB.