The Northern Ireland Tourist Board (NITB) has put together a list of 10 exciting things to do in Northern Ireland next week (December 29 – January 4).
• I Heart NYE, MAC, 10 Exchange Street West, Belfast, December 31. See in the first of January at the spectacular MAC New Year’s Eve party. Expect lots of dancing and fantastic music by the live house band as you ring in the New Year in serious style in the heart of Belfast.
• Oasis Tribute Band, The Anchor Bar, Bryansford Road, Newcastle, Co Down, December 29. Enjoy popular Oasis tribute band `Roll with It’ and rock out to the iconic songs, big sounds and unforgettable swagger of the greatest band of the 90’s.
• New Year’s Day Miniature Train Rides, Drumawhey Junction Railway, Donaghadee, Co Down, January 1. Start the New Year with a visit to the miniature railway at Drumawhey Junction. The railway has an interesting track plan incorporating both a tunnel and a lattice steel bridge as well as locomotives, carriages and buildings for the pleasure of the general public.
• Corick House & Spa New Year’s Eve Masquerade and Ball, Clogher, Co Tyrone, December 26. Get all dressed up for a splendid night out and don’t forget your mask! Prepare to see the old year out and welcome in the new one as you enjoy a sumptuous five course meal and entertainment courtesy of The Brokers and the Clogher Pipe Band will pipe in the New Year.
• Acoustic Picnic, Oh Yeah Music Centre, Cathedral Quarter, Belfast, January 3. Head to the Oh Yeah Music Centre with the family and listen to some great live music over a picnic style lunch. All ages are welcome and this year there will be the addition of some giant board games for families and groups of friends to enjoy. This event has been CANCELLED
• Legenderry On Ice, Ebrington Square, Co Londonderry, on selected dates until January 19. Grab your woolly hat and scarves and take part in a fantastic ice skating experience that is back again once more with an even bigger and better ice rink. A skating experience can be enjoyed by everybody, all skating levels and ages and there are special rates for schools, clubs, companies and social clubs.
• The High Kings, Ardhowen Theatre, Enniskillen, Co Fermanagh, December 29. Four renowned vocalists and musicians have come together to create an exciting Irish ballad group that has had sell out tours in Ireland and in the US. Let The High Kings entertain you by doing what they do best; bring rousing acoustic flavour to brand new songs as well as some old favourites.
• Jake O’Kane’s ‘Tongue Lashing’, Island Arts Centre, Lisburn, Co Antrim, December 29. Jake O’Kane, star of BBC NI’s hit show ‘The Blame Game’, returns with his brand new show, ‘Tongue-Lashing’. Following the successes of his earlier ‘Teargas’ and ‘Mouthful’ tours, Jake is back with a ferociously irreverent review of Northern Ireland in 2014.
• Titanic Run, Titanic Dock, Belfast, January 1. Start the New Year off on a healthy foot and join in on the 2015 Titanic Run. It is all about taking the New Year by the horns and making a difference so why not register for the 5K or 10K run and Fun Run for the kids round Titanic Dock.
• Winterland Express, W5 at Odyssey, Belfast, selected dates until January 4. This Christmas take a mystical trip on the Winterland Express – the magical miniature train ride and travel through the enchanted forest into the icy cavern to emerge in the courtyard of Winterland Castle, the home of the Ice Queen, where a few surprises await!
Please note some of the events require pre-booking. For more details on these and other events click on www.discovernorthernireland.com/events, visit your local tourist information centre or log onto www.facebook.com/discovernorthernireland.