The Northern Ireland Tourist Board (NITB) has put together a list of 10 exciting things to do in Northern Ireland next week (March 2 – 8).
• Michael McGoldrick, John McCusker and John Doyle, Cultúrlann McAdam Ó Fiaich, Falls Road, Belfast, March 8. Three members of the BBC acclaimed Transatlantic Sessions will play here as part of a unique European tour. This is a rare chance to see three of the world’s finest musicians share a stage together.
• Festival in a Day 2015, Belfast Waterfront, Belfast, March 8. With ‘must see’ bill-topping treats, fantastic workshops, fun free activities and more, Festival in a Day 2015 is packed with mini adventures for families with children to experience and enjoy… all crammed into one action-packed day!
• Discover Fermanagh Open Weekend, various locations, Co Fermanagh, March 6-8. Take advantage of this FREE attraction packed weekend for free from March 6 – 8. Taking place over three days, visitors have the opportunity to visit a selection of stately homes, museums, historic castles and ancient sites. Take a cruise on Lough Erne, explore the incredible Marble Arch Caves Global Geopark and join in on a cake decorating class at Orchard Acre Farm.
• 11th United Airlines Belfast Nashville Songwriters Festival, 9 Donegall Square North, Belfast, March 4-8. With more than 40 events and showcases and the Song Writing Convention, the annual event has become a well established part of the Belfast music scene. The event will feature award winning artists Jim Lauderdale, Bruce Cockburn, Andy Fairweather Low, James House and Max T Barnes alongside the cream of local talent Foy Vance, Cara Dillon, Peter McVeigh, and more.
• Ballymoney Drama Festival, Ballymoney Town Hall Arts, Museum and Tourist Information, Ballymoney, Co Antrim, March 3-7. Featuring leading amateur drama groups from all over Ulster the Ballymoney Drama Festival will entertain guests to a selection of gripping dramas, poetic and comedic plays. The programme of plays includes ‘A Month in the Country’ by Brian Friel, ‘Frost/Nixon’ by Peter Morgan and ‘Metamorphosis’ by Steven Berkoff.
• Apres Ski Party, The Jungle NI, Moneymore, Co Londonderry, March 7. To celebrate their 10th Birthday this year, The Jungle NI are hosting an Après-Ski party on Saturday 7th March. Visitors to the event will be treated to an Austrian style fully-stocked bar, providing the best elements of any Après-Ski party, from a great sound system, state of the art lights and lasers to a top DJ pumping out iconic dance tunes.
• The Argory Open Day, 144 Derrycaw Road, Moy, Co Armagh, March 7. Enjoy free admission at a number of National Trust places on March 7 including the stunning Argory and its grounds. Visit other National Trust properties for a chance to meet staff and volunteers and learn about the amazing places the National Trust looks after.
• Shared History Tour Centre, Banbridge District Council,Downshire Road, Co Down, March 4 – 7. This fun filled day has something for everyone, a fully guided tour of the Irish Military Museum by William Sullivan, founder and curator. Participants will be shown a replica of a WW1 trench and hear what it was like to be a soldier living there. They can ride in an army tank, a FV432 and watch expert’s fire weapons, and handle militaryequipment.
•The Three Little Pigs, Alley Theatre, Railway Street, Strabane, Co Tyrone, March 5. The Three Little Pigs is a musical story telling performance that kids will love. Come along and experience this fantastic musical adaptation of Roald Dahl’s dark and funny take on the traditional fairy tale but prepare for a few twists and turns along the way. This production offers a wonderful opportunity to experience live music in a fun and engaging way.
• Royal Blood, Ulster Hall, Bedford Street, Belfast, March 8. Enjoy the increasingly popular ‘Royal Blood’ who wrap the primal essence of ferocious rock ‘n’ roll power around a surprisingly innate ability to craft deft melodies and soaring hooks. The band is the result of a lineage that stretches from present day heroes, Queens of the Stone Age, to Led Zeppelin, and all the way back to early blues pioneers and are now in Belfast for your entertainment.
Please note some of the events require pre-booking. For more details on these and other events click on www.discovernorthernireland.com/events, visit your local tourist information centre or log onto www.facebook.com/discovernorthernireland.