Tourism NI has put together a list of 10 exciting things to do in Northern Ireland next week (July 20-26).
• Flavours of the Foyle, Guildhall Square, Derry~Londonderry, Co Londonderry, July 25-26. Tantalise your taste buds at Northern Ireland’s biggest seafood festival! Local and celebrity chefs will cook a range of delicious fresh produce, providing authentic seafood dishes to try and buy. There’s lots of fun and games for the children on offer as part of Flavours of the Foyle, with themed arts and crafts, face painting and street entertainment, as well as the Loughs Agency Touch Tank so don’t miss it.
• Pop Up Camping at Florence Court, Enniskillen, Co Fermanagh, July 24. Join in on an overnight camping experience on the front lawn at stunning, Florence Court. A campfire, no doubt with a sing-along, with entertainment and an estate walk is also included. Check in time 6pm.
• Woodland Warriors, Mount Stewart, Portaferry Road, Newtownards, Co Down, July 22. Woodland warriors is an action packed day of adventure for everyone to learn how to survive in the woodlands. Participants will build shelters and bonfires as well as finding out more about Northern Ireland’s native wildlife and plants. Kids can be dropped off at the event which is suitable for young people aged 11 – 14 years. From 10am-4pm.
• Portaferry Gala Week, Portaferry, Co Down, until July 24. Portaferry Gala takes over the coastal town of Portaferry with a week full of events and activities for all the family. There will be a fair with plenty of stalls to purchase some goodies as well as treasure hunts, relay races, entertainment, fancy dress competitions, parades and plenty more.
• Donaghadee Ulster Scots Festival, Ards Visitor Information Centre, Regent Street, Newtownards, Co Down, July 22-26. Celebrate the town’s strong Ulster-Scots heritage with an extensive programme of themed entertainment, including the re-enactment of Montgomery’s arrival at Donaghadee Harbour, historical displays, live music and dance performances, Ulster Scots culinary fair, craft demonstrations and children’s activities.
• Victorian Tea Party, The Argory, Moy, Co Armagh, July 26. At the Victoria Tea Party you can step back to the 1800s to see what really went on behind closed doors in the Victorian big house. Get the gossip from the Housekeeper and the Lady’s Maid and enjoy a delightful afternoon tea of finger sandwiches, Victoria sponge, homemade scones and other traditional delights. Afternoon tea sittings: 1.30pm, 3pm, 4.30pm.
• Big Splash Triathlon and River Festival, Main Street, Portglenone, Ballymena, Co Antrim, July 20 – 25. Come to Portglenone and enjoy activities each evening finishing with a full day of activities. There will be a soap box derby, vintage parade, teddy bears picnic, Ceili-Ceilidh in The Square and of course the Big Splash Triathalon along with many more activities to enjoy.
• Glenelly Rockin By The River Festival, Plumbridge, Strabane, Co Tyrone, July 22-26. Enjoy this five day festival that will provide lots to do for the entire family. There will be a gentle family friendly walk, a treasure hunt, Hip Hop dance classes, a disco, vintage rally, craft stalls, amusements and much more.
• Belfast Music Tour, Oh Yeah Music Centre, Cathedral Quarter, Belfast, July 25. Take a bus journey through the heart of this rock and roll city. Sit back, relax, and enjoy tunes and tales from the band ‘Them’ and ‘Van Morrison’, by way of awesome guitar players, traditional and folk, to punk rock and Hollywood soundtracks before finishing up at the Belfast Music Exhibition at the Oh Yeah Music Centre. Tour starts 2pm at the Ulster Hall, Bedford Street.
• Dalriada Festival, Glenarm, Ballymena, Co Antrim, July 18-25. Enjoy one of Northern Ireland’s biggest cultural family events. The festival has something for everyone from Highland Games, Fine Foods, Celebrity Chef demonstrations, arts and crafts, live music and children’s entertainment to large outdoor concerts which to date has featured the likes of The Priests, General Fiasco, Duke Special, Ronan Keating and many others.
Please note some of the events require pre-booking. For more details on these and other events click on www.discovernorthernireland.com/events, visit your local tourist information centre or log onto www.facebook.com/discovernorthernireland.