The Northern Ireland Tourist Board (NITB) has put together a list of 10 exciting things to do in Northern Ireland next week (February 8-15).
• ‘Robot Overlords’ Drive-in Screening, Crommelin Park, Donaghadee, Co Down, February 8. To celebrate the release of the hotly anticipated film ‘Robot Overlords’, which was shot in Northern Ireland in 2013, the Belfast Film Festival will present drive-in screenings at specific locations used during filming!
• Valentine’s Day Crafts for Children, The Nautilus Centre, Kilkeel, Co Down, February 5-7. Valentine’s Day is a great excuse for a crafty session with the kids – after all there is nothing better than getting a little something made by someone you love!
• Ulster Orchestra – Lunchtime Concerts, Ulster Hall, Belfast, February 11. Relax and listen to beautiful live music on a Wednesday lunchtime during the Ulster Orchestra’s annual concert with Conductor Nicholas Collon and Tamás Kocsis on Violin.
• Valentine’s Day Special ‘Johnny Cash and June Carter’, Crumlin Road Gaol, Belfast, February 14. Capturing the unmistakable sound of the ‘man in black’, and accompanied by June Carter and band, you will experience what it was like to be at a real Cash show. There is also an added extra for Valentine’s Day offering a sumptuous four course meal in the basement area of the Gaol.
• ‘In The Mood’ with The PM Big Band, Market Place Theatre, Armagh, Co Armagh, February 14. Enjoy a night out with this popular band. Bringing a classic mix of vocals and instrumentals from The Great American Songbook including selections from Glen Miller, Tommy Dorsey, Duke Ellington, Frank Sinatra and other legends from this ageless and ever-popular musical genre.
• The Jungle NI, Valentine’s Day Special Offer for Couples, Moneymore, Co Londonderry, February 14. Give your loved one the gift of adventure and treat them to an unforgettable Valentine’s Day at The Jungle NI! You can choose from Tarzan Tree Top Adventure Course, Downhill Zorbing, Classic Clay Pigeon Shooting, Extreme Paintball and much more!
• Singing Nina: The Life in Song Of Nina Simone, Strule Arts Centre, Townhall Square, Omagh, Co Tyrone, February 14. Known for her powerful and emotive performances, vocalist Victoria Geelan and her trio of outstanding local musicians bring their celebration of a woman who defied convention and categorisation. This event is a treat for Jazz fans and music lovers alike.
• Valentine’s Sing-along at Arthur Cottage, Cullybackey, Co Antrim, February 14. Get into the Spirit of Valentine’s Day with a traditional night of music with a romantic twist. Sit by the fire and enjoy listening to romantic songs and love ballads performed by a selection of fantastic local artists.
• Newtownbutler Traditional Weekend, St Mary’s Parish Hall, Co Fermanagh, February 6-8. The weekend festival of traditional Irish music, song and dance features some of Ireland’s finest music families. The toe-tapping uplifting event is great for couples and for families.
• Over the Wire, MAC, 10 Exchange Street West, Belfast, February 10-14. Engross yourself in this gripping play by multi-award winning writer Seamas Keenan as you follow the stories of five prisoners pitched into a world of violence, paranoia and hunger as they struggle against British soldiers, each other and their own personal demons.
Please note some of the events require pre-booking. For more details on these and other events click on www.discovernorthernireland.com/events, visit your local tourist information centre or log onto www.facebook.com/discovernorthernireland.