Tourism NI has put together a list of 10 exciting things to do in Northern Ireland next week (February 15-21).
• NI Science Festival 2016, various locations, Northern Ireland, February 18-28. Let your mind wonder over 11 days at the NI Science Festival with over 100 events and infinite ideas. Events are happening across 25 venues throughout Northern Ireland and will focus on the wonders of science, technology, engineering and mathematics with some of the best scientists from Northern Ireland and beyond discussing their work, cutting-edge research and what the future might hold.
• Northern Ireland Puddle Jumping Championships, Castle Espie Wetland Centre, Comber, Co. Down, February 15-21. Children of all ages are being encouraged to get out into the fresh air and have fun jumping in puddles this February half term. At the Northern Ireland Puddle Jumping Championships kids will be able to compete against each other to see who can produce the biggest splash from their puddle jump. Marks will be awarded for creativity, enthusiasm and jumping style, with fantastic prizes on offer!
• Goldilocks and the Three Bears Sing-along Show, Alley Theatre, Strabane, Co. Tyrone, February 20. Watch the much-loved fairytale come to life on an unforgettable live stage production of song and laughter. Featuring fantastic costumes, an amazing stage and colourful lighting, it will be an experience for all the family to remember with interactive moments that both children and parents can enjoy. Show begins at 2pm.
• The Field, Ardhowen Theatre, Enniskillen, Co. Fermanagh, February 18-20. Enniskillen Amateur Dramatic Society returns with ‘The Field’, John B Keane’s fierce and tender study of the love a man can have for land and the lengths he will go to hold on to it. This classic piece of Irish theatre was first presented to the Irish stage in 1965. Show begins at 8pm.
• Destination Space, W5, SSE Arena, Belfast, every Tuesday until March 29. Backed by the UK Space Agency, W5 have joined forces with the European Space Agency’s first British astronaut, Tim Peake, to provide visitors with a unique opportunity to learn about human space flight and follow life on the International Space Station! Packed with experiments, investigations and problem-solving activities, linked back to human space flight, young crew members will leave inspired. Visitors can expect to learn about roles in space crew, rocket launches, daily life for astronauts on the International Space Station. Check show times upon arrival.
• The Jazzabelles, Market Place Theatre, Armagh, Co. Armagh, February 20. Set in 1950s Belfast, this original musical tells the story of three girls who long for a better life, and form a jazz trio after a chance meeting. However the road to stardom is far from smooth, and the Jazzabelles must overcome bullying, blackmail and bigotry along the way. The Jazzabelles is a high energy tale of triumph over adversity performed by top local talent. Show begins at 8pm.
• Dahl At 100, Island Arts Centre, Lisburn, Co. Antrim, February 16. Calling all mischief makers! Inspired by the centenary of Roald Dahl’s birth, get crafty and create a collection of Dahl inspired characters that reflect your personality. The perfect way to spend a day off during half-term. From 10am – 4pm.
• Alvin and the Chipmunks Clayrazy Workshop, Strand Arts Centre, Belfast, February 16. The Clayrazy and Bricks 4 Kidz instructors guide you through your tailored workshop, teaching you how to create your own model which you then get to take home. Learn new skills while having fun! Suitable for children aged 4 and over. Begins at 2.15pm.
• Half Term, Half Price, Carrowmena Activity Centre, Limavady, Co. Londonderry, until February 16. Interested in a day full of activities for all the family? Zip lining, archery, abseiling, orienteering and more are available here to ensure a day full of action, adventure and adrenaline.
• The Funky Wedding Fayre, Bellinis Newry, Newry, Co. Down, February 21. Your wedding day should be as personal and unique as you want it, so the Funky Wedding Fayre, showcasing everything vintage, quirky and alternative for your special day, is not to be missed. Begins at 1pm.
Please note some of the events require pre-booking. For more details on these and other events click on www.discovernorthernireland.com/events, visit your local tourist information centre or log onto www.facebook.com/discovernorthernireland.