Tourism NI has put together a list of 10 exciting things to do in Northern Ireland next week (February 1-7).
• NI Motorcycle Festival 2016, Eikon Exhibition Centre, Sprucefield, Lisburn, Co. Antrim, February 5-7. The 2016 NI Motorcycle Festival will include all the top motorcycle manufacturers exhibiting their latest range of road bikes, quads and motocrossers. The motocross village will be back again with all the latest motocross bikes plus motocross gear and off-road motorcycle clubs with all the information on how to get involved. Also, Michael Dunlop, star of the Isle of Man TT, will wow the crowds with full demonstrations in his MK2 Ford Escort Rally Car.
• A Viennese Strauss Gala, Market Place Theatre, Armagh, Co. Armagh, February 5. A sparkling new anniversary production recreating the romance of the Viennese Festive Season. Reminding you of a bygone age of glamorous soirees and Struss waltzes, this wonderful production is cleverly staged and choreographed with authentic costumes. The night will appeal to music aficionados and romantics alike. Begins at 8pm.
• You Must Be Joking, Millennium Forum, Derry, Co. Londonderry, February 4. Fun and laughter are guaranteed as four of Northern Ireland’s best known comedians take to the stage. The ever-endearing Jimmy Cricket will be reading his letter from his Mammy, the first lady of Irish comedy May McFettridge will abuse all and sundry, William Caulfield with his brilliant eye and ear for local characters will regale us with stories of everyday life and Gene Fitzpatrick, the master storyteller and king of the one-liners completes the line-up. Show begins at 8pm.
• Jailhouse Rock Live at the Crum, Crumlin Road Gaol, Belfast, February 5. Crumlin Road Gaol proudly presents ‘Jailhouse Rock’ with Elvis and his band. Watch an extraordinary tribute performance to one of the most significant cultural icons of the 20th century in a concert brilliantly capturing the musical life of The King of Rock n Roll. This is as close as you can get to The King. Doors open at 7pm, show begins at 8.30pm.
• The Bee Gees Story – Nights on Broadway, Ardhowen Theatre, Enniskillen, Co. Fermanagh, February 5. ‘Nights On Broadway’ presents a tribute to the Bee Gees through their catalogue of hits over four decades from the 60s to the 90s. This fantastic live band performs the classic hits, acoustic medleys and dance floor fillers which define the show. Show begins at 8pm.
• Stacking Rings: Jewellery Workshop, Museum at the Mill, Mossley, Co. Antrim, February 6. Spend a day of fun in the workshop and create a pair of silver stacking rings, set with semi-precious stones. Each participant will be taught techniques to make a beautiful piece of jewellery to take home. No previous experience necessary, just an apron and bundles of enthusiasm! Begins at 10am.
• The Two Loves of Gabriel Foley, Alley Theatre, Strabane, Co. Tyrone, February 6. This 3-Act Irish Comedy play is exceptionally funny and has entertained audiences all over Ireland. Set in Rural Ireland, Gabriel is a middle-aged unlucky in love bachelor living with his elderly mother who finds himself caught between the love of two women. Show begins at 8pm.
• Harry Potter Book Night, Newry City Library, Newry, Co. Down, February 4. A magical Harry Potter themed night of wizardry, games and crafts for children up to 12 years old. Fancy dress is optional – but SO much more fun! Booking is essential. Begins at 6pm.
• A Few Lines on a Card – The Limavady Postcard Collection, Roe Valley Arts and Cultural Centre, Limavady, Co. Londonderry, February 6 – March 26. Consisting of both photographic and artistic impressions of buildings, landmarks and everyday life, this exhibition provides a unique insight into the history of the Limavady area.
• La Traviata, Movie House Cinemas, Dublin Road, Belfast, February 4. Regarded as Verdi’s finest opera, La Traviata tells the story of one of opera’s greatest heroines, based on the real life courtesan Marie Duplessis. Broadcast live from the Royal Opera House in London. Begins at 6.45pm.
Please note some of the events require pre-booking. For more details on these and other events click on www.discovernorthernireland.com/events, visit your local tourist information centre or log onto www.facebook.com/discovernorthernireland.