10 THINGS TO DO IN NORTHERN IRELAND NEXT WEEK
Tourism NI has put together a list of 10 exciting things to do in Northern Ireland next week (August 8 – 14).
• Stendhal Festival, Limavady, Co. Londonderry, August 12 – 13. Set in the picturesque surrounds of Ballymully Cottage Farm, Stendhal Festival of Art brings an all-encompassing artistic experience to the Roe Valley. Stendhal has something for everyone from kids to adults, day or night, art, music, classes, workshops, activities, various food outlets and a brilliant atmosphere!
• Riverfest, Coleraine, Co. Derry~Londonderry, August 8 – 13. This year’s Waterways Ireland Riverfest is hosting The European Boat Wakeboard Championships attracting over 150 competitors from across Europe and Africa. During the week other attractions planned include vintage vehicle and motorcycle shows, bouncy castles and play area, boat and outdoor recreation displays, trade areas and a local food market.
• Banquet by the Lake, Castle Archdale Caravan Park, Co. Fermanagh, August 13. To mark the Love NI Meat theme as part of the NI Year of Food and Drink, dine in style in a marquee at Castle Archdale overlooking beautiful Lower Lough Erne. Prepared by Saddlers of Enniskillen the five-course banquet will be mouth-wateringly exquisite.
• International Metzeler Ulster Grand Prix, Lisburn, Co. Antrim, August 8 – 13. This thrilling week, organised by Dundrod and District Motorcycle Club, is one of the highlights in the Northern Ireland Motorcycling Road Racing Calendar, attracting many of the world’s top road racers as well as thousands of spectators to the Dundrod circuit, the fastest road racing circuit in the world.
• 7 Hills Blues Fest, Various locations, Co. Armagh, 11 – 14 August. This four day festival will see many of Armagh City’s eateries, public houses and open spaces showcasing the best of blues bands from across Ireland and the UK. With workshops, classes, exhibitions and live music there will be fun and games for all the family during the festival.
• Kite Festival, Downhill Demesne, Co. Derry~Londonderry, August 14. This high-flying spectacle will offer fun for all the family as a kaleidoscope of kites of all sizes fly over the stunning coastal estate. To add to the festive atmosphere there will be a kids craft area, inflatables, Quad-Pod rides, Segways, Craft and food stalls and much more.
• Jailhouse Rock ‘Live at The Crum’, Crumlin Road Gaol, Belfast, August 13. Crumlin Road Gaol proudly presents ‘Jailhouse Rock’ with Elvis and his band. Watch an extraordinary tribute performance to one of the most significant cultural icons of the 20th century in a concert brilliantly capturing the musical life of The King of Rock n Roll. Booking essential.
• Musical Theatre Open Night, Alley Theatre, Co. Tyrone, August 13. Join some of the North West’s best musical theatre performers as they take to the stage for this popular open mic event with singalong tunes and stunning performances suitable for all the family. Singing songs from classics such as ‘Calamity Jane’ and ‘Oklahoma’ and more recent hits such as ‘Ghost the Musical’ and many more the performers will be accompanied by a live house band
• Rock Pool Extravaganza, Kearney Village, Co. Down, August 13. Organised by the National Trust and promising to be a great day out for all the family, young wildlife enthusiasts will love this day out at magical Kearney village on the Outer Ards Peninsula. Discover the amazing creatures lurking beneath the seaweed and slithering through the pools. Meeting point Kearney Village.
• Pintsized Cabaret, Boundary Brewing Cooperative, Belfast, August 11. Pintsized Cabaret will feature a great selection of short scenes using the unique Boundary Brewery as the performance venue and source and inspiration. Audiences will be getting a flavour of some of the famous bits of poetry and prose that have focussed on drink and craic, with a nod to the pubs of East Belfast. With a selection of Boundary beers to try, it’s sure to set you up for a great night.
Please note some of the events require pre-booking. For more details on these and other events click on www.discovernorthernireland.com/events, visit your local tourist information centre or log onto www.facebook.com/discovernorthernireland.