10 THINGS TO DO IN NORTHERN IRELAND NEXT WEEK
Tourism NI has put together a list of 10 exciting things to do in Northern Ireland next week (August 31 – September 6).
• The Belfast Tattoo 2015, SSE Arena, Belfast, September 4-5. The Belfast Tattoo returns with over 600 performers. There will be a magnificent showcase of the finest marching bands, musicians, and dancers from across Ulster and beyond in a two hour show building up to the Grand Finale of the Massed Pipe and Drums. Show times: Fri at 8pm Sat 5 at 2.30pm and 8pm.
• Gobbins, Visitor Centre, Islandmagee, Larne, Co Antrim, Now Open! Experience one of Northern Ireland’s newest and most exhilarating attractions. On the very edge of the Irish Sea lies The Gobbins cliffs where you will find a unique coastal experience re-imagined for the 21st century. A guide will escort you on a journey along the narrow winding cliff edge path which rises and dips and follows the curves of curious geology. Bridges, tunnels, caves, steps, unique rock formations and stunning views will punctuate your path as you walk, presenting themselves in a different light for your return journey.
• Air Waves Portrush 2015, East Strand Beach, Portrush, Co Antrim, September 5-6. Air Waves Portrush is the biggest air show on the island of Ireland. Each day there will be a four and a half hour air display featuring some of the most exciting aircraft including the ever popular Red Arrows. The North Village (Lansdowne Green) and the South Village (East Strand Car Park) will be filled with static helicopter displays, entertainment, stalls, crafts, living history installations, armed forces displays and the latest in cars. Show from 11am – 18pm.
• Titanic Bank Holiday Weekend, Titanic Belfast, Belfast, August 29 -31. Titanic Belfast is going nautical for the Bank Holiday Weekend, from 29 – 31. From meeting the mascots to an Ocean Explorer Trail, Clayrazy, Ocean Exploration Face Painting and Under the Sea colouring in, Titanic Belfast has it all.
• 30th Anniversary of the discovery of the Titanic, Titanic Belfast, Belfast, September 1. To mark the 30th anniversary of the discovery of the Titanic, from 5 – 6pm Titanic Belfast will be hosting a live interaction with Dr Ballard, where guests can ask questions to the explorer who discovered the Titanic. Keep an eye out for more information.
• Summer Family Fun at Cockle Row Cottages, Cockle Row Cottages, Main Street, Groomsport Harbour, Co Down, September 5-6. Come along and enjoy family fun at Cockle Row Cottages with free entertainment from 2pm – 4pm including magic shows, crafts and workshops and so much more.
• Family Fun Afternoon Climbing and Archery, Mobile Team Adventure, Old Milltown Road, Belfast, August 31. Try something new and exciting with the family. Ascend the mobile rock climbing wall and see who can hit the target as you take aim at archery. Everyone will have the opportunity to try both activities. Instructors will be on hand at both stations to show you the ropes, provide some encouragement and generally help you to have a really great time.
• Autumn Book Fair, The Argory, Moy, Co Armagh, September 5-6. Calling all Bookworms. Browse through the hundreds of second-hand books in the courtyard and stock up on your winter reads. There’s sure to be something for everyone. There will be live music and Punch and Judy shows on Sunday. Donations of unwanted books, CDs and DVDs are welcome prior to the event. From 12-5pm.
• Pleasure Ride/ Go as You Please, Lissan House Estate, Drumgrass road, Cookstown, Co Tyrone, September 5. Who’s ready for another day at Lissan? Lissan Horse Riders host a fantastic open this September! With hacking or jumping options around this beautiful 300 acre estate from 11am to 3pm. This event will be a safe environment for off road hacking and jumping trails with over 40 natural type jumps over a 4 or 6 mile route.
• Last Family Fun Day of the season! The Jungle NI, Moneymore, Co Londonderry, September 6. The Jungle will host the last Family Fun Day of the season offering unique, adventure activities at the discounted rate of £3 each or 6 activities for £15. Suitable for ages 4+. The quirky Coffee Shop and BBQ Bar will be selling a range of hot-food and snacks ensuring your energy levels are well stocked to take advantage of the vast range of activities available. From 11am – 4pm.
Please note some of the events require pre-booking. For more details on these and other events click on www.discovernorthernireland.com/events, visit your local tourist information centre or log onto www.facebook.com/discovernorthernireland.