DiscoverNorthernIreland.com has stacks of fun things to do across NI, from family days out to gigs and cultural events. Here are 10 exciting things taking place this week (July 31-August 6).
1. August Féile, Belfast, 3 August. Ireland's biggest community arts festival and summer school returns from 3 – 13 August. The festival is renowned for attracting top entertainers and this year's highlights include UB40 featuring Ali, Astro and Mickey, Boyzlife, comedian Jake O'Kane, traditional Irish band Altan and the annual Feile Carnival Parade.
2. Children's Street Entertainment -Parky, Ballycastle Seafront, 31 July. This show enthrals and excites both adults and children alike. Parky performs a traditional Punch and Judy show with the authentic voice of Mr Punch. Puppets and theatre are traditional in style with slapstick and humour the ingredients of this free show.
3. Bat Night, Craigavon, 4 August. Help identify all eight of Northern Ireland's bat species that live at Ardress House and make some batty crafts to take home. A perfect evening for kids with an exciting educational twist.
4. Festival of Flight, Newcastle, 4 – 5 August. Festival of Flight 2017 will once again launch a full programme of thrilling events in Newcastle, Co Down with the airshow taking place on Saturday 5 August. The airshow is the centre piece of the festival where the crowds watch in awe as the sky over Dundrum Bay is filled with the roar of engines.
5. Music by the Lake, Fermanagh, 5 August. Midnight Graffiti are back at Crom Estate for another fantastic evening of jazzy pop classics. Bring a picnic and prepare to dance the night away by the shores of Lough Erne. Enjoy a glass of wine on arrival. Performance begins at 7pm.
6. Dungannon's Busking and Blues Festival, 5 August. Join us for the annual Blues on the Hill festival taking place on the Hill of the O'Neill, a stunning location at one of the most important heritage sites in the whole of Ulster. Take in the fantastic panoramic views as you enjoy music from a number of acts including the headlining Band of Friends.
7. Belfast MasterChef Challenge 2017, 3 August. The Balmoral Hotel's inaugural Belfast Master Chef Challenge will see four foodie finalists fight it out for the coveted title in front of a live audience at the venue as part of Feile an Phobail. The winner will be decided by a panel of experts as well as an audience vote with proceeds from that process going to Children In Need.
8. Bricklive, Belfast, 3 – 6 August. The world's best Lego builders will gather as the Titanic Exhibition Centre welcomes international professional and amateur displays to the fan zone. The event also include special guests, Lego launches to the live stage and have-a-go themed areas for you to enjoy.
9. Carmen, Millennium Forum, Derry~Londonderry, 4 – 5 August. The dramatic story of the gypsy Carmen and her ill-fated affair with army corporal Don Jose, told through Georges Bizet’s powerful score, is the most popular opera of all time. To book call 028 7126 4455.
10. Wildfire Walk, Belfast, 5 August. Enjoy a walk along the uplands of Cave Hill to highlight the impacts of wildfires on the hills, visitors and wildlife. Find out just how resilient the uplands are and the positive news about what the Belfast Hills Partnership does to combat wildfires. Meeting point: Ballyaghagan car park. For further information call 028 9060 3466.
For more information on these events or to plan a short break in Northern Ireland, visit www.DiscoverNorthernIreland.com.