With over 100 events, many completely FREE, the fifth Belfast Book Festival, 8-14 June, will showcase some of the biggest names in the literary world from home and beyond. The voices of authors, poets and performers will come alive at the Crescent Arts Centre as well as other locations across the city. From young to old from first timers to late bloomers – whatever your age or level of reading interests the jammed packed programme is guaranteed to have something to encourage you to take part.
10 of our festival highlights:
- Helen Lederer (Absolutely Fabulous) and her debut comedy novel: “Losing It”.
- ‘SacrumProfanum’: A large-scale multimedia performance and exhibition responding to the enigmatic sheela-na-gig stone carvings.
- Duke Special & writer and comedian Andrew Doyle discuss their forthcoming musical adaption of Gulliver’s Travels
- Go behind the scenes of the Eurovision Song Contest with David Blake Knox
- Jason Lewis: The first person to circumnavigate the Earth using only human power.
- The Belfast Book Festival Poetry Slam – Share your work in front of a live and lively audience.
- Meet some stars of the future! The self-publishing salon events feature Peter J.S Waugh, Thomas Jobling and more.
- Launch of Here’s Me Here: Featuring a wide and thought-provoking selection of Glenn Patterson’s writings.
- The Linen Hall lunchtime readings: A forum to support and encourage local writing talent.
- The Eason family fun day in Crescent Park on 13th June.
For further details on the Belfast Book Festival including the full festival programme visit www.belfastbookfestival.com or follow on facebook – Belfastbookfestival or twitter @belfastbookfest #belfastbook.