Tourism NI has put together a list of 10 exciting things to do in Northern Ireland next week (May 11-17).
· Bluebell Walk, Lissan House, Drumgrass Road, Cookstown, Co Tyrone, May 16. Visit Lissan House, an enchanting country house, at the heart of a sprawling 267 acre demesne nestled in a prime location in the valley of the Lissan Water for a walk around the stunning bluebells and a guided tour of the grounds. From 1.30pm
· Writers on Writers Festival 2015: Festival Launch, Linen Hall Library, Donegall Square North, Belfast, May 13. Focusing on the experience of reading, writing and publishing short stories, this year offers a host of events and writers to discuss their personal experiences including Bernard MacLaverty, David Park, Glenn Patterson, Anne Devlin, and many more. From 1pm.
· Balmoral Show, Halftown Road, Maze, Lisburn, Co Antrim, May 13-15. This year’s Balmoral Show promises the usual components of food, farming excellence and showmanship alongside an even more exciting entertainment schedule. There will be lots to enjoy for all the family including world class arena stunt attractions, a food village, funfair, Craft village and much more. From 9.30am.
· The Argory Country Fair, The Argory, Moy, Co Armagh, May 16-17. Head to The Argory for the return of their fantastic Country Fair. The weekend activities include local trade, craft and food stalls, food demonstrations, rare breed animals and fun dog show, live music and entertainment. From 12-5pm.
· North West 200 Outdoor Concert and Fireworks, The Crescent, Portstewart, Co Londonderry, May 15. Things will really get going the night before the main race day with a free outdoor concert followed by an amazing fireworks display into the bay. Creedence Clearwater Revived is reforming especially for this event making it a gig not-to-be-missed! From 8.30pm.
· Danny Boy Festival, various locations around Limavady, Co Londonderry, May 15-17. Enjoy this unique festival that has everything from cultural tours to art exhibitions as well as outstanding music. Back by popular demand following their amazing 2014 show, the highly acclaimed and ever popular Bagatelle is the Danny Boy Festival headline act for 2015. Various times.
· Hands on Seafood Cookery Classes, Nautilus Centre, Rooney Road, Kilkeel, Co Down, February 21. Enjoy hands on cookery class where the chef will take you through a number of recipes, various cooking, and preparation techniques and tips. The course is designed to be informative but also to be a fun and enjoyable experience. From 6.30pm.
· Bangor 150, Steam Trains Ireland, Central Station, Belfast, May 17. Join Steam Trains Ireland on a return journey from Belfast with an afternoon at the seaside celebrating the 150th anniversary of the railway coming to Bangor. From 11.45am.
· Classic Fishing Festival 2015, Lough Erne, Co Fermanagh, May 11-15. The Festival welcomes more than 240 anglers, including several previous World Champions, from Ireland, the United Kingdom, Germany and Austria to take part in a number of special events and exhibitions marking the 40th consecutive year of the popular fishing festival. Begins each day at various times.
· Spring Dunes – Portstewart Strand, Portstewart, Co Londonderry, May 17. This is a fantastic opportunity to explore a fascinating 6000 year old ecosystem on your doorstep. Our rangers will show you first hand the new growth taking place in the ancient dune system and why this is such a special place. From 2-4pm.